Pathways to Promise|
5400 Arsenal Street
St. Louis, MO 63139
FAX: (314) 877-6405
- The pastor should stay calm and neutral.
- The pastor should give the person physical and emotional space and not move toward the person.
- The pastor should respond only to appropriate language and behavior.
- The pastor should tell the person, in a calm, friendly, supportive way, that his/her behavior is inappropriate.
- The pastor should notify the family, caregiver and/or the appropriate mental health professionals.
- The pastor should assist the person to a restful place to collect him/herself. The pastor or someone else should sit quietly with him/her until the crisis has passed. If the situation continues in a crisis mode, a family member, caregiver, or the appropriate mental health professional(s) should be contacted.
Copyright © 1999 by Pathways to Promise. All rights reserved.